Monday, January 02, 2006

Some 'Down Under' philatelic New Year's resolutions

Andrew McEachern, a part-time dealer and a collector from Queensland, Australia, sends along his top 10 philatelic New Year's resolutions...

1. Allocate more time to my collection and less to watching TV and videos.
2. Make decisions on which countries and topics of my world collection to start disposing of-after 59 years collecting & accumulating.
3. Through my club and through social contact, try to recruit at least 10 more collectors.
4. Sort the unsorted a little every night in front of TV.
5. Design a philatelic cover or item to commemorate countries visited on our 2006 holiday cruise in Europe.
6. Give some stamps to a local school (if I can find an enthusiastic teacher).
7. Spent a day concentrating on all those stamps put away as 'unidentified' or 'miscellaneous'.
8. Find new topics to write on in my forthcoming monthly column in "Australaian Stamp News"
9. Improve the speed at which I send out lots after my postal bid sales.
10. Mark down prices of slow moving stock at my fairs to help more collectors get bargains.

Thanks Andrew!

(If you have some philatelic New Year's resolutions you'd like to share, send them to me at donschilling@worldnet.att.net.
If you have a picture of yourself working on your collection, send that along as well.)
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:03 PM