Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Unidentified Philatelic Objects

Here's a fun site I could spend hours playing around with.

Called Unidentified Philatelic Objects, the creator, Rick Scott says, "This site is dedicated to those glassine envelopes full of stamps we all have, the ones labeled 'Unidentified', 'Unknown'or simply '?.'

"I love this strange stuff! Sometimes I buy things just because I don't know what they are, hoping to find out later. Many times I never find out, therefore I thought it would be fun to create a web site to display many of these UPOs and ask the world for help in finding out."

By pointing to a stamp, you'll see a brief description of the item. If you click on it, you'll see an enlarged picture and all the information that's known about it. Then if you know something more about the item, e-mail Rick and he'll add the additional information.

To see if you can identify some of the more than 400 items shown on Unidentified Philatelic Objects, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM