Monday, February 06, 2006

Make your own philatelic notecards

From time to time I get cards and letters from fellow stamp collectors around the world. I always try to write them back but I never liked to use ordinary notecards that didn't have anything to do with stamps.

A recent visit to my local Michaels arts and crafts store inspired me to start making my own philatelically themed notecards.

They are really very easy to do. All you need are some blank cards, old auction catalogs or stamp magazines, a can of spray glue...and, of course, some stamps!

Then it's simply a matter of cut and paste. If you want to get fancy you can use a rubber stamp or two.

If you don't have a Michaels near you, go to their web site where you can buy what you need PLUS they'll show you how to make cards for various occasions - like Valentine's Day (hint, hint). By adding some appropriate philatelic material you'll have something quite unique.

Shown above is one of my recent creations.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM