Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Stamp Caddy

Fellow philatelic blogger Tony Servies of Greenback, Tennessee has come up with a Stamp Caddy that's perfect for working on your collection while watching TV.

Tony writes on his blog, Stamps of Distinction, "Let's face reality. Sometimes we want to work on our stamp collection, but we don't want to sit at the kitchen table far away from our family or our favorite ballgame on TV. But most of us would like our coffee tables uncluttered with the mish-mash of tools that are necessary for the pursuit of our hobby. My solution was to buy a tool caddy like the one pictured."

He goes on to say, "This handy tool is made of rigid plastic and it is easy to stuff quite a few stamp tools in it. In mine, I have a spare set of tongs, an envelope of stamp hinges, a magnifying glass, a collection of glassine envelopes, a pen and pencil, watermarking tray and fluid, and a small group of collection cards. I also include a few envelopes and stamps in case I am working up a trade with one of my trading partners. If you were to look into mine right now, you would also find my latest packet of stamps that I have traded for and am in the process of mounting in my albums."

"Obviously, not everything that I need for working with my stamp collection will fit into such a small space. I usually have a 'red box' with stamps in it nearby, and of course the current album I am working in. But it does save me several trips back to my "official" stamp collection work area looking for that new pack of hinges, or the watermarking fluid, or whatever. I just carry the caddy into the living room, plop down on the couch while my wife is busy working on her hobbies. When finished, it is easy for me to pick up my tools and carry it back to my normal work area."

Thanks Tony! Great idea!
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM