Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Learn About Stamps


The American Philatelic Society reports a new philatelic Web site, Learn About Stamps, has been launched. The site was designed to help newcomers to the hobby get information about stamp collecting and provides answers to questions such as:

What is stamp collecting?
What is postmark and cover collecting?
How can I begin stamp collecting?
How can I obtain stamps for my collection?
How do I find out more about stamp collecting
What do I need to know when it comes time to dispose of my collection?
How can I get more involved in stamp collecting?

Learn About Stamps is a collaborative effort of the American Philatelic Society, the Smithsonian National Postal Museum, the Philatelic Foundation, and the United States Postal Service, in cooperation with the American Stamp Dealers Association and many individuals in the philatelic community.

Click here to check it out.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM