Friday, August 07, 2009

Baseball Cards Meet Stamp Collecting

Speaking of stamps and sports blogs (see yesterday's post), the Grand Cards blog asks, "Can you imagine what would have happened if baseball 'cards' were originally issued as stamps instead of as tobacco cards?"
The blogmeister, an anonymous fellow from Baltimore, answers his own question, "It would be chaos."

He goes on to say, "Now, I am no stamp collector, but I really like this card for reasons I can't explain. It is a faux-vintage, stamp looking card that shows Granderson bunting (which he rarely does) and is all purple with some Gold Foil that pops and is easy to read. Apparently, that is the recipe for a good card. It's also possible that I'm more accustomed to cards that aren't so shiny and reflective so as to blind the beholder. Give me my matte finish and a nice, original design any day."

Note the perforations around the card itself. What would you call that? A philatelic baseball card?

Anyway, I thought it was neat. Go Tigers!
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM