Friday, February 25, 2011

Culinary Postcards

Colorado's Longmont Times reports, "June Munger’s postcards, dozens of them never mailed, get second looks every time she cooks or bakes the recipe she wrote on the back to correspond with the image on the front."

"Usually, that coupling depends on a cheery kind of free association," writes reporter Pam Mellskog.

Holding a postcard of Georgia O’Keeffe’s “Sky Above Cloud I” painting, Munger is quoted as saying, "“I put my scones recipe on it because I think they’re heavenly. I use a whole cube and a half of butter."

Postcards awaiting a recipe include the one that reads “WWJD? What Would Julia Do?” and depicts Julia Child pulling a smoking casserole out of an oven.

Another one of Marie Curie, the woman who discovered polonium and radium with her husband, also remains blank on back until the right recipe comes along.

“I’m still waiting for the right kitchen alchemy to happen,” Munger said.

Shown above, a set of 4 culinary postcards from Prickly Pear Creative.

To read the entire article, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM